LGBTQ+ Campus Organizations
LGBTQ+ Campus Organizations
- OUTLAW at UF Law
- OUTLAW is a social and political organization that advocates for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and allied students. Members work to increase community awareness of issues relating to the intersection of gender, sexual orientation, and the law. They hold regular meetings, guest lectures, and awareness events throughout campus and provide a forum within the law school to discuss matters of importance to LGBTQ+ students.
- President’s LGBTQ+ Advisory Committee
- The LGBTQ+ Advisory Committee is appointed through the Faculty Senate committee nomination process. Members are appointed for staggered three year terms. The committee is made up of faculty, staff and student representatives from various departments and divisions. Formal and informal liaisons exists between Multicultural & Diversity Affairs (including LGBT Affairs), Human Resources, UF Police Department, The Counseling and Wellness Center, and The President’s Council on Diversity.
- Pride Student Union
We are a student organization at UF that educates and provides a safe space for students of marginalized sexualities and gender identities. We offer development opportunities, community building, and social networking.
- UF Outgrad
- OUTGrad is a group for LGBTQIA+ and Allied graduate students and postdocs offered through LGBT Affairs at the University of Florida. OUTGrad was formed in November 2014. This group is for any- and everyone interested in OUTGrad: we have meetings, socials, and discussion groups.
- UF LGBT and Allied Alumni Association
- We strive to connect LGBT students, alumni, friends, and their allies at the University of Florida to the university through the UF Alumni Association (UFAA). Whether you’re a Gator who is studying, has graduated, or just a Gator by association (family or friends) – or if you’re a Gator lover – we welcome you to like our page and join this group.
- UF Center for Women’s Studies and Gender Research
- The Center for Gender, Sexualities, and Women’s Research offers an interdisciplinary forum for the study of gender and sexualities, their intersections with race/ethnicity, class, and other sociocultural systems, and their functions in cultures and societies. Feminist intersectional and other theoretical approaches and methodologies are employed.
- UF LGBT Affairs
- Also on Facebook
- LGBTQ Affairs strives to provide an affirming and welcoming space for all LGBTQ+ identified students. We work to empower LGBTQ+ student leaders and ambassadors as change agents on campus and in the community. Recognizing that sexual identity and gender identity and expression work through and are influenced by race, ethnicity, culture, age, disability, class, faith, and other social characteristics, we offer support and educational programming that incorporate principles of social justice to reduce heterosexism, genderism, homophobia, and transphobia in all of their forms on the UF campus and beyond.
- Queer Nation: UF LGBTQIA+ Faculty and Staff Affinity Group
- Queer Nation strives to provide a welcoming and affirming space to attract, represent, and retain LGBTQIA+ faculty and staff at the University of Florida. We aim to promote an inclusive campus, advocate for equitable policies for LGBTQIA+ faculty, staff, and students, promote LGBTQIA+ visibility on the UF campus, and provide social and professional development opportunities for LGBTQIA+ faculty and staff.