George A. Smathers Libraries Digital Library LGBTQIA Collection
- The University of Florida’s Digital LGBTQIA+ Collection consists of varied materials including bulletins, journals, magazines, newsletters, and newspapers, photographs and assorted ephemera published by lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, intersex and asexual (LGBTQIA) organizations supporting the State of Florida’s LGBTQIA+ community.
Tamara Cohen LGBT Resource Library
- To check out materials from the Tamara Cohen LGBTQ Resource Library, individuals need to take the item(s) they would like to check out to one of our student ambassadors or LGBTQ Affairs staff member. An ambassador or LGBT Affairs staff member will be able to assist you and check out the items for you. Checkouts last for 2 weeks.
- J. Wayne Reitz Union Suite 2210, UF Campus ; Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org ;
Phone and Hours: 352-294-7851 / 8am-5pm, M-F
Women’s & Gender Studies LGBTQI Resources
Women’s and Gender Studies research takes an interdisciplinary approach to the study of gender, its function in cultures and societies, and its intersections with race and class.
Very large collection of links related to LGBTQ+ studies and research.
Libraries’ Committee on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice: LGBTQ+
- The mission of this committee is to promote intercultural understanding and acceptance among library users and library staff by educating, empowering, and creating self-awareness in the context of a global society. Leveraging the Libraries’ expertise, programs, collections, and services will foster an environment of inclusion and equality with fairness, appreciation for individual differences, and respect for all. (UF Library Guides)
Health Information Resources for Diverse Populations: LGBTQ+
- This libguide, maintained by UF’s Health Science Center Library, is on health information resources that are specifically designed for use by non-health professionals; i.e. patients and community members.
Career Connections Center’s LGBTQ Career Community
- The Career Connections Center is here to help you no matter what stage of the career development process you may be in currently. We understand that career paths and work place cultures can vary greatly, in both openness of and resources available for LGBTQ employees. We are here to assist you at all stages of the career development process. On this page you will find customized resources for UF’s LGBTQ students and alumni
Lavender Living Learning Community
- The Lavender Living Learning Community in partnership with the Center for Gender, Sexualities, and Women’s Research will be located in the Springs Complex.
This community will serve as the University of Florida’s gender inclusive housing option and as a living learning community for LGBTQ+ students and students in the Theories of Politics and Sexualities major and minor concentrations through the Center for Gender, Sexualities, and Women’s Studies.
We invite you to consider joining us in this exciting new LLC, beginning Summer B or Fall 2021.
Truth Wins Out
- Truth Wins Out educates the world on the harm caused by destructive “ex-gay” conversion programs, while fighting to eliminate anti-LGBTQ prejudice and discrimination. We believe that genuine freedom and contentment derive from authenticity and living one’s truth.